Search This Blog

Friday, July 16, 2010



I've decided since my kitchen is empty and I'm eating out a lot, I am going to start with the amazing food we have right here in our backyard. Tonight, I went to Texas Roadhouse which sadly is in everyone's backyard but also gladly in everyone's backyard. My first time there, love all the peanuts on the floor, tremendous crew etc. But the fried pickles...the fried pickles people...I cannot even describe. They may even possibly have got the Colonel's Secret Recipe (weird reference, yes) but they had great flavor great crunch and a sour juicy dill pickle inside!!!! So yummy I couldn't believe it! Prime rib, great too but the pickles...Holy Cow the pickles:)

Have a great night and for the love of pickles get to your nearest venue and try some!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey my dear Wandering Chef.... I have a super simple easy recipe for pickles that are ...if I do say so myself...incredible after about two hours...
    Pickling cukes... cut in 3/8" slices...Kosher Salt
    finely chopped garlic...pickling spices... make layers in a seal-able container cukes, sprinkle salt liberally and pickling spices to taste... make a mixture of white vinegar and water 3:1 vin to H2O add two full T of ch.garlic shake well and pour over layers...Turn upside down...flip upright in 1hour let stand... Then get ready

    ReplyDelete