Search This Blog

Monday, August 1, 2011

POLO GROUNDS - Newport, RI























I am actually smiling while I write this post! This is hands down the best Saturday afternoon you will ever spend! Come alone (alla Jana) or come with friends or come with family. Heck! Bring everyone! Its a bunch of people coming to see a polo match/drink/give their dogs a chance to breathe fresh air/drink/spend QUALITY time with their families/eat drink and be merry/and for some...even play dress up!


SO the Wandering Chef doesn't have a blog to write about horses and playing dressup! I am writing about my new (soon to be life long friends) Meg and Jerry! They have wonderful eats at the Polo Grounds every Saturday. House specialties are pulled pork and EXCEPTIONAL sweet Italian sausage! The food spans from Raw Bar, cheeses, dessert and countless grill options AND a weekly special depending on the opponent. I was lucky enough to attend when Ireland was the Opponent. Meg makes a positively UNBELIEVABLE Reuben "calzone" which is more like a turnover in fluffy buttery crispy pastry. PURE REUBEN HEAVEN!! Alas, try as I may for the general public (and myself) Meg does not make them on command :( I would imagine everything that comes out of their kitchen is delicious. I'll keep trying and update you. The key ingredient in this operation??? Love and happiness. Friends, this is all that matters when it comes to food! It is a "Like Water for Chocolate" theory...if you don't know the book ...READ IT. P.S. The movie fails in comparison! SO get to the Polo Grounds and say hello to Meg and Jerry!


No comments:

Post a Comment