Search This Blog

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Matunuck Oyster Bar




Ohhhh I am so selfish in saving this post! But now the seasons have changed... so fine, I'll share:)


I love this restaurant and also love Chef/Owner Perry Raso! Go anytime, if they are open Perry is there. Hard at work. I am so drawn to the commitment to local farmers and purveyors. With a shellfish nursery near the premises you know the product you enjoy, is local, fresh and delicious. You can even take a tour from the restaurant!



First up...Steamed Mussels Appetizer. Delicious, rich white wine herb butter sauce. Perfect sweet and tender mussels a delicious way to start the meal. My friends and I loved them!

Outstanding bread and herbed olive oil
My dish...The evening special, House smoke salmon, fingerling potatoes, haricot vert, and a delicious cream sauce. I am a stickler about properly cooked salmon. Cooked perfectly and FILLED with flavor! Best part of this dish, delicious the next day!


Victoria chose the Duck Confit Salad - Crispy Duck Confit, Mixed Greens, Sweet Potato, Gorgonzola, Dried Cherries & Pecans with a Pomegranate Vinaigrette. Very rich flavors, and very delicious, she did find that the addition of balsamic vinaigrette really brightened up the dish!
Joe chose a special also and it was this delicious cassoulet. Cooked perfectly with duck and venison and navy beans. This is actually a real cassoulet.

Open 365 days a year.

Check it out, say "hi" to Perry for me! ENJOY! www.rhodyoysters.com

No comments:

Post a Comment