Search This Blog

Monday, November 7, 2011

Rue De L'Espoir - East Side, Providence, RI

It isn't often that I mention to people I am going somewhere to eat and jealousy erupts from everywhere! I cannot believe home many AWESOME reviews I received from a place I had not only never heard of but used to live down the street from. This is ignorant bliss of The Wandering Chef! Actually the bliss comes now, this was an outstanding brunch!
I am frequently drawn to, should the menu offer anything with a Mexican heritage...Especially where breakfast is concerned! I had the "Enchilada" - Scrambled eggs, black beans, manchego cheese and tomatoes wrapped in a chili tomato tortilla, served with pico de gallo and home fries. In a moment of "high maintenance" I did ask for the egg to be poached and they were not able to accommodate due to many reasons. It wasn't the end of the world but I bet it would have been yummy. It was delicious anyway, I really did enjoy it. Could not taste the manchego cheese...leading me to believe cheddar (for the price) would be just as effective.

I am not a huge fan of oatmeal but my friend ordered it and I have to say it was delicious. Topped with plenty of fresh fruit, it is nice to see a healthy alternative that is delicious too!


My friend had the bacon egg and cheese crepes and he loved them! Maybe could have used a tad more cheese but they were delicious just the same!

The Piece de resistance of the meal? Hot delicious house made popovers with strawberry cream cheese to start the meal! In many ways these could have been a meal in themselves! Go early because they run out fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment