Search This Blog

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pier Restaurant - Newport, RI

I write this post with mixed emotions. A very dear friend recommends many of my restaurant posts. He mentioned this place to me and of course I went to check it out! While I sat there at the bar last night, I was speaking to the gentleman next to me and he was explaining that they are closing. I looked into it further and it's true...sometimes after Thanksgiving. Unless something changes. So I recommend checking it out, soon. Dinner was great!

On with the dinner...
I sat at the bar, which has a decidedly more relaxed feel than the actual restaurant. Bartender was great, very charismatic. His female counter part hmmmm let's just say borderlines on disgruntled employee mumbling to no one in particular about running out of certain menu items. I can't say however, given the impending need for ALL employees to find a job soon, that I totally expect them to be thrilled. I will say, the staff in general was great! Everyone was happy, friendly and doing their job.

Appetizer - Lobster Bisque - Buttery, rich and delicious lobster flavor, garnished with fresh lobster. It was delicious a perfect start!


Entree, Baked Stuffed Lobster. I love lobster but am not normally a baked stuffed anything when it comes to seafood. I'm more of a purist :) I am thrilled to share that this dish was delicious. The best part was the lobster was cooked perfectly. Sometimes with things like this the lobster gets over or under cooked and it can really ruin your meal. It appears that the stuffing was made separately and added to the lobster which would help monitor proper cooking!

Dessert was a passion fruit parfait. Served in the traditional French style it was very good. Or to literally translate the word parfait, perfect! Nice and light filled with great flavor! Really a delicious treat!

Overall great atmosphere, good LOCAL clientele and GREAT FOOD! Hopefully everything will work out and they will get to stay!

No comments:

Post a Comment