Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Tallulah on Thames...How do I love thee






I find myself not even knowing where to begin with this post. I was so thrilled to meet Owner & Chef husband wife team Kelly Ann and Chef Jake Rojas. When I tell you this place is a MUST try, I mean, stop what you are doing and GO...NOW!! This kid, Chef Jake Rojas is a virtual child in the culinary world. His creations speak of a lifelong passion and knowledge for food that you might expect to span 80 years...he is only 28. Chef Jake is inspired, humble and frankly brilliant! Going to dinner should be an experience, an enlightened time that no matter how excellent a home cook you are you have a reason to go out. Don't be scared of the artistry on the plates, this is food even those who are not foodies will enjoy. Nothing pretentious here!



Butter for your bread? Yes please...no foil wrappers here. This delicious creamy perfect room temperature butter topped with micro greens that offer just the slightest hint of flavor is perfect. Warm rolls that are made in house...I know plenty of bread eaters that would be content to make a meal just out of this...and why shouldn't they?? Because it would be such a MAJOR life mistake, like ordering cheap lite beer.




Appetizer, Aquidneck Island Butternut Squash Veloute - Poured at the table, with bacon, shaved celery, native apples and pumpkin spiced creama


Appetizer, Windmisdt Farm crispy pork terrine, black garlic, malt aioli, house made pickles. This dish is filled with flavors and textures. I so enjoyed every bite!






Given my Eastern Europe heritage, I HAD to order this dish. Kurobuta pork loin, Grits, Swiss Chard, Red Cabbage, Cranberry & Jalapeno Jelly, Gala Apple.... The mix of the tart red cabbage with the creamy PERFECTLY cooked grits and the earthy tone of the Swiss chard... OH MY GOD! If you could see me right now, even writing this, I am satisfied!








Pat’s Pastures sous-vide Chicken, Acorn Squash Puree, Brussel Sprouts, Bacon, Cranberry Moustarda. In true form, Chef Rojas pushes the limits on culinary arts. This dish is no exception. Tender Juicy Chicken, full of flavor served with outstanding compliments. Really amazing.


Just when you think you cannot possible have another bite...The two lightest yet satisfying dessert experiences ever.

Pictured left - ginger panna cotta cranberry + pineapple jam, lychee, coconut

Pictured right - butternut squash genoise hazelnut mousse, Thumbelina carrot chips, puffed rice





Orange Chocolate Truffles



My dearest compliments to the Chef and team. A bit camera shy, I tried but he wasn't interested:) I mentioned to Kelly Ann, I love that the food is displayed with such artistic care and yet this is food everyone can enjoy. Nothing pretentious, everything sublime!



Check out also Tallulah's Taco's at the Coastal Growers' Market Winter Market

www.coastalmarket.org

I warn you, eat as many tamales as you can, Chef Jake is more than happy to ditch the last one into the fire:)



IMPORTANT NOTE: Chef Jake Rojas has been nominated as

James Beard Awards/Rising Star Chef of the Year

VOTE

http://jamesbeard.starchefs.com/awards/vote/index_2.php

He deserves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment