Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

With the good...comes the bad...
















Been having an amazing time connecting with folks before my departure. Some of them are a good way to point out what those of you from New England are missing...or in this case NOT missing. Turtle Soup in Narragansett. Gorgeous views amazing breeze and the smell of salt water! I am sick and tired of places getting away with garbage food for a ridiculous price! I mean really. This food was awful! Started with a pork egg roll that reminded me of a Cambodian spring roll we served when I was the chef at Jackie's. Filled with pork, sweet potato and taro root and a chili sauce you will have no trouble finding in the jar at your local market. I had the seafood pasta with mussels (that were hairy, yuck) and littleneck clams and a couple of shrimp and scallops (feet attached). The sauce was watery, pasta overcooked and topped with feta Especially if your by the bay, seafood needs to be cleaned and cooked properly...bottom line. My friend had the tomato basil gnocchi. imagine chewing on balls of raw dough. I tasted a half and she could barely get three down. Drinks were good, service okay, view spectacular... They should make it a bar and stick with the drinks...

1 comment:

  1. Amen! The Coast Guard House is MUCH better, especially with prosecco :-) What are we going to do without you, our favorite chef? Good luck - and good eats over the pond.

    ReplyDelete