Search This Blog

Monday, December 6, 2010

Chateauneuf-du-Pape - Thoughts on drinks…




Wine…Wine….Wine… Oh how I adore wine!!!! I find that very often, I am a beer snob. Why shouldn’t I be? Beer is my heritage, it’s in my blood. I know about beer, I know good beer and I know that I would rather have a glass of water than a “Bud Light” …no harm no foul to those who waste their time with that. I always say, “You get one life, don’t mess it up”. To me bad beer is one of life’s bad decisions. But that’s me and not you….I digress….

So, we’re here to talk about wine NOT BEER. I bring up the beer because while I am a beer snob I am not a wine snob. I am very much in favor of the “If you like it then drink it, philosophy, when it comes to wine…” And if you like red and are having fish for dinner then drink the damn red. There is no wine police coming to get you! Or they haven’t caught me yet anyway J

Chateauneuf-du-Pape is the home of great wine. It’s the air, the sun, the rain and the soil. People here drink wine as though it is liquid art. Everyone you see knows great wine. They celebrate with wine and mourn with wine and chat with wine. Nobody here ever says, “I’ve never met a 3rd glass I didn’t like”. I’ve said that more than once! There is a rich history in Chateauneuf-du-Pape. The entire town sits in a village the size of a really large building. If you blink you might drive right through. When traveling through Provence, it is not to be missed. I also have a fun video from the Chateau...It's, well, not the best cinematography you'll ever come across...I'm getting better:)

Google Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ch%C3%A2teauneuf-du-Pape

No comments:

Post a Comment