Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Paris, France





















It’s no secret that the French are first class in the world of Gatsronomy. As they should be. It’s where Escoffier originated (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auguste_Escoffier) .

I would hardly think we could expect anything but the best. I did not get to spend a lot of time in France. Paris was as limited experience as any. But I took in what I saw. I had little more than 24 hours to see and eat what I could. In the morning I was happy to eat the croissants at my hostel that were huge and soft and flaky and buttery…scrumptious!

Dinner was cheese from a shop just around the corner, bread from the bakery across the street, cherry tomatoes from a beautiful vegetable market. Salamis from around the world that I purchased 3 for 10 euro at the Christmas market, Champs Elysee. I still cannot figure out for that price how she wasn’t out of sausages. Everything was fresh and not served on a sesame seed bun.

The shops with pastries and sandwiches and "Take Away" dinners rival that of even the most fancy restaurant with a price tag to match!

It was a feast for the eyes as well as the stomach. Unfortunately for me it was also a feast for the wallet! Someday I'll get back there;)

No comments:

Post a Comment