Search This Blog

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Les Halles meets EATALY - NYC USA


















When I had the opportunity to go to Les Halles in Avignon, France...On the advice (sort of) of Peter Mayle, author of "A Year in Provence" and several other literary wonders I went as he said, early and enjoyed a culinary experience (see post).

When I was making plans to head to New York for a quick weekend away, my friend Will an excellent albeit YOUNG chef suggested heading to EATALY. Such great advice! Areas for meat, cheese, dairy, produce, bread, pasta et al! Each area with its own restaurant! There is even a bookstore and after my own heart...a treasure chest of craft BEER!











I was so excited to see each section of the MASSIVE open market. Finally I
planted myself at the Market with the Cheeses and Cured Meats and Wine...SHOCKING, I know...


I enjoyed a tasting platter and the finest most expensive glass of wine I have ever had. A Barolo from the Piedmont Region of Italy...smooth, delicious and a perfect accompaniment to the meal. Served with warm bread wrapped in paper it was a fine culinary experience!
















Finish this culinary adventure with a TRUE macchiato! My new pal here made it to positive perfection. And shhhhhh I found in him the possibly only Boston Red Sox fan in the entire city, wooooohoooo!!!


Great great place to visit; make sure you have an empty belly and PLENTY of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment