Search This Blog

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Nick's On Broadway...A true Culinary Experience















I have mentioned before, as early as the previous post, that I sometimes don't want to write about particular places. Not that they are not noteworthy, rather they are just a meal, out, one you probably won't be cooking at home. I couldn't quite explain what I meant until I happened to be lost in Providence, on my way to a completely different destination. Once I realized that I would never find where I was SUPPOSED to be going, I decided instead on dinner out and champagne:) Although "Derek", Executive Chef, and I met a LONG time ago, when I was working at Castle Hill, I doubt he has followed my career the way I have followed his. He doesn't even remember me...This I can say with certainty! Nick's on Broadway is something to write about. Derek is an outstanding chef. In the new location you can see the kitchen staff, Derek included, work tirelessly on culinary creations. With a calm and confident air, I suspect he learned from the same Chef I learned it from, Chef Derek runs the dinner service on Saturday night. He is an outstanding Chef. This friends is a culinary experience. My meal was extraordinary to say the least. Partnered with local farmers, fisherman, cheesemakers and the like, Derek Wagner turns out a meal that leaves you breathless. When the bartender came to me to see how I was enjoying my meal, i told him completely honestly that I was making love. One of the best parts of this meal, the staff. The bartender taking excellent care of me has been with the restaurant since the beginning. This is a testament in the restaurant business. Happy employees, happy food, what more can you ask for?? I ordered The house made Charcuterie Plate and Roasted Shartner Farm Tomato Soup. The salad was a gift from the bartender. For dessert, the chocolate tasting, OUTSTANDING. Forgive my photos as I was unprepared and had to use my cell phone. Make the trip, you won't be disappointed. This is an experience in feeding your soul, feeling full at the end of the meal is merely an innocent bystander.

No comments:

Post a Comment