Search This Blog

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Sarabeth's NYC


You may recognize the name if you are a fan of perhaps the greatest jellies and jams the world has ever seen! On a stroll near my hotel across from Central Park south, I stumbled upon Sarabeth's Restaurant...I cannot say I knew there was a restaurant. So on my first day when I happened by the restaurant, I vowed that the morning of my departure home I would eat breakfast at Sarabeth's. My friend who was all too eager to join me and I may say this was one of my most enjoyable experiences ever. I am a stickler for customer service, if you read this blog regularly, you know that. On a very busy Sunday morning, the last weekend of summer vacation, my friend and I went to get a table. The wait was a long one but when offered two seats at the barista bar we hopped right up. We sat and watched the Barista make up order upon order of coffee, mimosas, bloody marys and plenty of other drink selections. She gave us our menus and put in our orders and the order of the others who were at the bar. With swift precision she managed her time with grace and perfection. Our food arrived almost impossibly fast.


Outstanding beyond words.
I ordered the Eggs Benedict with Smoked Salmon and my friend ordered the Almond encrusted French Toast. Positively delicious! Poached eggs are not an easy task and mine were cooked perfectly! My friend's French Toast was also outstanding.

I got to thinking as we sat there enjoying this amazing breakfast. This place is larger than it looks and packed. Plus there is a line waiting for 20-30 minutes. The staff is quick, precise and clearly IN LOVE with their jobs. My friend even noted before me that it is a pleasure as a patron to have each employee do his or her job. No person is standing around, commenting with another waitress how the barista bar girl isn't doing her job. No gaggles 0f employees lurk around any corner talking about a recent liaison gone bad. Everyone has a job and everyone is doing it. The kitchen is equally as efficient. I love when a place is this busy and everything is going well. It begs the question why when you do go out and the staff is filled with excuses about why the food is late or sucks, or about why they just stuck there finger in your glass or how they just broke up with significant others. It's not necessary. Run a restaurant. Do it well. Surround yourself with great people who WANT to be there and you won't be sorry.

Sarabeth's truly gets remarkable outstanding marks:) It is truly a wonderful meal and moreover a wonderful experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment