Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Marianske Lazne




This trip to Europe has proved to be an amazing life experience. I have been away for over 2 months now. I have met people who will stay in my heart forever. I have learned about food that will stay in my heart forever.

I have just returned from a short visit to Marianske Lazne, 5 days total. Person after person, landscape after landscape I adored this little town and was brought to tears at pulling away yesterday from the train station. I am no travel guide but it is important to share this information. The history here is rich and full of culture. The towns history was born from a swampy landscape covered with hundreds of natural springs. The first spring water analyses were done in the 18th century. Within the actual town of Marianske Lazne there are 7 curative springs. Each spring differs in chemical composition and thus treat a variety of diseases such as kidney and urinary tract disorders, neurological disorders organic nervous diseases and countless others.

The area is filled with mountains and parks and a Royal Golf Course, and countless other activities! My hotel was amazing and I am not the only one who has stayed here, "La Provence" is a genuine family favorite. www.apartma-marienbad.com Owner Jan Ficenec is very knowledgeable about the area and a tremendous resource. If it's possible, I highly recommend a visit.

Oh...Last but certainly NOT least...This is a food blog. I didn't have one bad bite my entire stay! Information to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment