Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

MEDITE - Tapas Restaurant & Wine Bar - Marianske Lazne














Okay, I am coming around the bend of my time in Marianske Lazne. As promised I have saved the best for last! When I set out on this journey 2 months ago I had hoped at least once to find what I found on this evening. The whole evening was Magical! I was able to tour the kitchen and sit with the incredibly educated owner and my new dear friend. Course after course offered something special and new. I was again skeptical of this place because, really, how good can Spanish Tapas be in a small town in Czech republic near the German Border??? It makes me chuckle out loud to even think of the irony!

So we first decided on the wine! If you know me well you know I was smiling already:) It was so very delicious and definitely lends to the idea that fine wine is worth the price. I felt like you could bite it, it was so chewy and rich. I love how it gets you in that place right below the ear on your neck! Next a series of meats (Jamon Serrano, Chorizzo Iberico, Lomo Iberico and Salchichon Iberico) and cheese and a truly amazing Bruschetta. This is where I find such an important quality in the owner of a restaurant. Owner David Bohm is well educated in food. He understands what he is serving. Although he is Czech he has spent much time traveling in Spain and learning about food and why this ham has a certain layer of fat and why this cheese is sharper than that cheese. Especially in a town where he not only has to educate his consumer but also his staff. The staff is phenomenal!

The Most Amazing Assortment of Food was to follow...
Stuffed Zucchini with Tomato Bechamel and Sheeps Cheese au Gratin
Fried Aubergines Topped with tomato sauce and Camembert. No words for how amazing!
Seafood Paella - Traditional and perfect!
Calamar a la Plancha - This dish blew me away. The Calamrie was so tender and delicious!
Garlic Butter Shrimp - Perfectly cooked, it was perfect!
Perfectly seared duck breast over wild mushrooms with a balsamic reduction...Like Butter!!!
Finished off with 2 desserts...One I will share and one I shall keep near and dear to my own heart...But I will say it was AWESOME.
The dessert I will share was Crema Catalana served in a traditional style it was so beautiful!

I cannot thank the staff and owner David Brohm and his girlfriend enough for their hospitality! This was truly an amazing dining experience. I have not had this pleasure in a very long time. I hope I have done some kind of justice with my writing! Really it was an experience I will never forget! Check out the website at www.medite.cz

No comments:

Post a Comment