Search This Blog

Sunday, March 4, 2012

The Buena Vista - San Francisco, CA


The Buena Vista is home to World Famous Irish Coffee. "Serving up to 2,000 Irish Coffees per day". It is a San Francisco landmark that my Grandmother enjoyed dearly. I feel I could go on and on about the history but the website does the story much more justice than I ever could... Note my photo of the bartender from the day my Mother and I were there. Then go to the website and notice a younger bartender Larry Nolan...It makes me smile with great pleasure at this visit. www.thebuenavista.com


And how you may ask was the coffee??? I love the moment at 11am (or sometimes earlier) when you get to say..., "It's ok, I'm on vacation!!" I could've have enjoyed 30 of these things. SO smooth and rich and frothy and delicious...There is no one word to describe how fantastic this experience was! I could just kick myself for living right near here for how long?? It took all of my 34 years to get here...I can promise you this, it won't be that long before I get back!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment