Search This Blog

Sunday, March 4, 2012

HOME SWEET San Francisco!!


I've been away for a while now. I have lived on the East Coast for 11 years now. Trips home are few and far between. Ask my Mother and she will tell you I never visit and when I do it is never long enough. This trip I hit the ground running and only stopped to board the plane back to Rhode Island! Within one hour of landing in the City By the Bay, I was at the Filipino restaurant in the post below. The rest of the trop was much more of the same!

San Francisco is truly a culinary mecca. I remember being in my early 20's and working in the financial district. My friend Rica and I would have to decide what to eat for lunch...The possibilities were endless.
Italian, Cambodian, Japanese, Chinese, Mexican, Ethiopian
Barely scratches the surface....

As my Mom and I were making our way through the streets of San Francisco we found came around a corner and found "Freddie's Sandwiches" a long time favorite of Mom's from back in the day! She couldn't believe it was still there. Piled high with Genoa Salami, on dutch crunch bread...I can't believe I've never been there. Well, better late than never!
In a selfish moment, I am thrilled to have this blog for me, for all of the memories...
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment