Search This Blog

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Kuya's - Filipino Restaurant - Millbrae, CA

Kuya is a Filipino term used by younger siblings to refer to an older brother.
Never in this life give up the opportunity to partake in ones culture!!
Lumpia, Pancit, Adobo OH MY!!


Lucky for me, one of my bestest friends in the whole world is Filipina and shares her wonderful culture with me! Pictured are her beautiful family, Rica is bottom left! This meal was such a wonderful treat, I cannot describe the pleasure in breaking bread with new cultures. On my recent trip home for a visit to San Francisco this was the first of many meals and truly a treat to behold!
Pictured above is Wella, Rica's sister eating her dessert. The purple ice cream is Taro Root and probably one of my most favorite ice cream flavors ever! Picture below Halo Halo....my favorite Filipino dessert. Translated literally means "Mix". An array of shaved ice, sweet milk, tapioca pearls and beans make this a delicious finish to an amazing meal!

THANK YOU !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment