Search This Blog

Monday, March 12, 2012

Not Just Snacks - Providence, RI

Such a funny name for a place that is YES, "Not Just Snacks". I can't believe in my years here that I have never had the profound pleasure of eating here. The entire experience was amazing! I will admit when my friend and I entered the door, I was disappointed in the sheer lack of ambiance. It is very very bright and the dining area leaves little to the imagination. Guess What?? It totally doesn't matter. They could have you sitting on the floor and it wouldn't matter. The food stands alone at this place that specializes in Indian Cuisine. With the help of our waitress we had traditional hand made Samosas that were unlike anything I've ever had in my life. Paired with the two sauces (the green was my favorite) it was outstanding!


As an entree we had "Dal Curry" - Mixed Lentils cooked with vegetables and spices served with rice, and "Chicken Curry". Both were delicious! We had garlic Naan bread and "Gobi Paratha" (Cauliflower Bread)...and I was worried it might not be enough food...

I feel like a broken record but I urge you, yes you...Get out and experience that which you do not know when it comes to food. You will be so thrilled with the outcome, I PROMISE!!!

After your meal, head across the street to "Not Just Spices" and see the wonder of this tiny shop filled to the brim with snacks, treats and spices that will not disappoint!
My friend and I spoke with the owner about how much we enjoyed the green sauce served with the Samosas and he left the two of us in the store and went across the street to get a container of it for us to take home! He is a wonderful soul, places like these are few and far between!

Not Just Snacks
833 Hope Street, Providence, RI 02906
401-831-1150

No comments:

Post a Comment