Search This Blog

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Los Andes Restaurant - Providence, RI


Oh how I love a culinary experience in the least likely of places! Providence is always being shown off as a food city with restaurants galore. New eclectic froo froo (that's a technical term) eateries that offer the latest trends in culinary arts. As a graduate of the local JWU culinary program, I too find myself happy to share all the new places to try. I would be remiss if I didn't mention of course the other side of these places. Providence is home to so many cultures, and of course, with all of the history each culture brings comes FOOD! On Chalkstone Ave in Providence one such place is Los Andes. A cultural myriad of Bolivian and Peruvian food. It is such a tremendous experience to eat here!

First off a beef and chicken empanada. We split to taste half and half. Both were filled with great flavor in the light flaky crust. A perfect beginning to a dinner that did not disappoint!

My friend (who graciously told me about this place) chose the Milanesade Pollo. Chicken breast, dipped in egg and coated in bread crumbs, topped with fried eggs, served with white rice and ensalada russa. I LOVE when things are topped with fried or poached eggs. Eastern Europe has a similar "ala Holstein" and I simply adore it! So this dish was delicious, "Ensalada Russa" is a Bolivian potato salad with beets lending the traditional pink hue. I could eat it all day!!!


My dish was soooo very satisfying! I am a huge fan of marriages of hot and cold, crispy and soft, salty and tangy. This dish was all of those things and then some. "Pique a lo Macho" Pan seared strips of angus sirloin and chorizo, sauteed with Dijon mustard and deglazed with Marsala wine. Topped with a salad of onions, tomato and jalapeno and a hard boiled egg. I cannot say enough good things about this dish!! I would just say go and try for yourself!!

Desserts were also delicious, House made Flan & Molten Chocolate cake! You can't begin to imagine how full we were!!

Check this place out....TRUST ME!!
www.losandesri.com
903 Chalkstone Ave
Providence, RI 02908
401-649-4911

No comments:

Post a Comment