Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Dinner with the Fam!



Considering the long line of amazing cooks I come from it's no wonder I love FOOD! Both parent's have provided me with a love and comfort for food that is deep. I can't imagine life without it. So you tilt your head and say, "can any of us live without it?". Sure we cannot live without it...But Food...All Food...CONSUMES ME!! There is passion within me about many things maybe most profoundly about food!!

So my first dinner with my Aunt and Uncle upon my return to the Czech Republic, we had a very notable Czech dinner. Chlebicky!! (sounds like klebeechky) Beautiful and delicate open faced sandwiches. Toppings include butter or spreads...One spread was cheese and garlic. Really a wonderful bite of raw garlic. I know it can be harsh but it provided a great spiciness. Once the breads have a spread they are topped with cheeses, salamis and other cold cuts, pickles, radishes and any number of other toppings. They are decadent and wonderful. I find too that there are many other European countries that have their own version. Using the Google Search bar at the top of the blog will show plenty of gorgeous pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment