Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Thoughts on breakfast...

If you follow this blog, it's safe to say you understand how much I adore food...and beer and wine etc etc etc. I would have to say without question, breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. When I wake up in the morning, I am absolutely 100% STARVING! Before I have done anything else I want a nice big breakfast, and a nice big cup of coffee, black. Bacon, eggs (poached), eggs benedict (with shaved ham not Canadian bacon) silky smooth rich hollandaise sauce, home fries, hot sauce ketchup the works. Generally speaking I like 1 chocolate chip pancake on the side. Other than that, I don't do sweet for Breakfast...normally. I like to put the chocolate chip pancake in with the bacon or sausage and poached egg and maple syrup the top and eat it all together!!!! I am salivating even writing this!! I also love regular food for breakfast. My mom was the master...amongst other things in the kitchen...of the crockpot. We had pot roast, and Saigon Chicken, and a thousand other crockpot recipes. They would cook all night and in the morning the house smelled amazing. This would be our breakfast! In college the Subway near our campus opened before my first class at 7am. I cannot tell you how many Subway sandwiches I ate that early in the morning! In Europe there are assortments of fresh baked breads, spreads, pates, cold cuts and salamis and fancy cheeses, I love this kind of assortment for breakfast! You can pick and choose and try everything, such a great way to start the day! So go ahead, Break the Fast! Its the most important meal of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment