Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Sacher Torte, Vienna Austria



Its always interesting to me when you mention that your going to visit someplace, how many people can advise you what to see and do! Hopefully I'm helping to advise all of you on what to EAT! Vienna is famous for many foods and drinks. Perhaps most famous for the Sacher Torte. I found the following information on their website, "The Original Sacher-Torte has been the most famous cake in the world since 1832 and the original recipe a well-kept secret of our hotel. Only the Original Sacher-Torte is produced according to this original recipe: The basis is a chocolate cake, thinly coated by hand with best-quality apricot jam. The chocolate icing over this is the crowning glory. The Original Sacher-Torte tastes best with a portion of unsweetened whipped cream, complemented perfectly with a “Wiener Melange” (coffee with milk) from the Original Sacher CafĂ©. " I ate the Sacher Torte outside of the famous Sacher Hotel. I don't have much of a sweet tooth, but this was amazing! So chocolaty and tart from the apricot! I loved every morsel, and I enjoyed my espresso too! Check out the website for more information! www.sacher.com

No comments:

Post a Comment