Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Bismark Herring - Speyer Germany


I smile as I write this because I know. Not EVERYBODY loves "herring". A preserved fish in many different varieties. Epicurious.com food dictionary describes amongst other herrings Bismark as follows, "Bismarck herring are unskinned fillets that have been cured in a mixture of vinegar, sugar, salt and onions. Rollmops are Bismarck herring fillets wrapped around a piece of pickle or onion and preserved in spiced vinegar."

SO I had it, as seen in the picture in a sandwich form. Reliably delicious, tangy, chewy and satisfying. It's a stretch if your not used to it...I know. But I'm always wanting to try new things and I want that for you too. Life is too short to stick with the foods you know;)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment