Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

World's Largest Wine Barrel - Heidelberg Germany












Need I say more??? Very often when out traveling locals give me all kinds of information. The kind that makes you wonder, "Is that really true?". In this case my friendly tour guide was right, and I couldn't be more happy! I was so thrilled I wanted to move in!! Believe me, the size of this thing is larger than my first apartment in San Francisco! I will post the pictures I have of Heidelberg Castle and the wine barrel. Not sure if my pictures do it justice. www.travel-wonders.com has an impressive story and some pictures, this is just a part of their description, "Deep in the bowels of Heidelberg Castle is the world’s largest wine barrel. The Heidelberg Tun or Grosses Fass holds over 220,000 litres (58,000 US gallons) and stands an impressive six metres high." So drink a glass of wine and toast this amazing place. Have two...It's a big barrel and deserves more than one toast!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment