Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Frick-Lutz - Strasbourg France








Once my new found aquaintances and I had settled the bill at Le Clou, we bundled up and set out on a magnificent culinary tour of Strasbourg! With each stop I was fully aware of being in France and the careful attention they have for all things edible. You find these meat shops, for example, everywhere. With the dying art that is being a Butcher, it is a thrill to watch them at work. In one of the places I stopped, the Butcher was breaking down an entire veal. The whole thing lay on his giant cutting board, the whole process for a man with no doubt a lifetime of experience, lasted 15 minutes. He was disgusted with having me for an audience, I am certain of that, but I could not appreciate his skill more! This shop in particular as you can see has a unit for aged beef, ducks, rabbits, lamb, veal, anything you can think of frankly that falls under a meat category! They also had beautiful glass containers of Foie Gras pate, one that I purchased for my dinner. Madame pulled me aside to explain the one I had chosen was only for one...I explained that I am only one, if I buy for two then I will most certainly eat for two, if for nothing else out of complete respect for the heritage! I also purchased a bottle of the local Pinot Noir and Voila friends, this is my dinner!!!

They have a website if you are interested in looking further!!

No comments:

Post a Comment