Search This Blog

Monday, November 15, 2010

Just an update...

I'm currently traveling in Germany and France. SOOOO many things to share, it will take a while to post for sure! Just wanted to share a quick story from my lunch today. Strasbourg France, borders Germany. The region is Alsace. A culinary blend of German and French. A happy marriage to be sure! I was eating a local specialty that I will post on later. An older couple sat next to me. We chatted in my broken French throughout the meal. They shared the local wine they had ordered. They allowed me to photograph their food, it was wonderful although...Madame complained "La ratatouille est terrible! Il ne peut pas etre vrai!" So I will tell you about the restaurant in a later post even that according to Madame! Note that she was so disgusted she sent MY dessert menu back when the waiter brought it, I could not experience any more of this terrible food. They proceeded to take me on a 3 hour walking tour of Strasbourg. In and out of shops and patisseries we went. Testing, seeing kitchens, chatting with all kinds of people. "This is our friend from America" was my introduction! I love when life hands you friends in random corners of the world:) To my new friends: You said you would check the blog. If you do, my heartfelt THANKS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment